School of Healthcare and Psychology
This 1-hour course will help you develop a further understanding of Legionnaires and their causative agent.
The course will introduce you to the causative agent from a microbiological perspective and how to control the spread of these diseases.
Key Words: Legionella, Prevention, Control, Water sources, Pneumonia
On completion of this course each student is expected to be able to:
A. Subject Knowledge and Understanding
- LO 1. Define Legionnaires.
- LO 2. Recognize what contributes to Legionnaires.
B. Cognitive Skills (Thinking Skills)
- LO 3. Demonstrate prevention methods against Legionnaires.
- LO 4. Implementation of precautionary measures in Clinics and Houses.
The key themes covered by the course and their indicative weighing:
- Legionella: An Overview (50%)
- Legionella: Prevention and Control (50%)
Students successfully completing their course and assessments will be entitled to a digital badge. A digital badge is a connected, verifiable electronic imagery credential which reflects the achievement of the learning outcomes on their course.
Students may read more information about digital badges at: